Around 7 years ago, after the first trip made by us (Gaurang, Sachin, Poppins, Nandita, Ashwin, Venkat and Myself) Ashwin made a group on yahoo and labelled it as Forgotten yearz.The name stuck
Every year Fyearz takes abreak from the hustle and bustle of Bombay - 5 times in a row it was Goa...but the past 2 have been different places.
The core composition remains the same - Ashwin, Poppins, Gaurang and myself have successfully attended every trip. Nan has missed one, Sachin has missed a couple, Prateek has missed 3 and Venkat has missed 4..New people have joined us Princila and Renuka for 2, Basi, Kashi, Mihir, Reema ,Arpita for 1 each
This is the story of the 7th Annual trip of Forgotten Yearz - A trip to Darjelling, Sikkim and West Bengal. Will sketch it out in more detail but heres the twitter version of the trip
- Day 0 - Landed at Cal - Walked around then caught a train to NJP
- Day 1 Landed at NJP - Drove to Pelling
- Day 2 Drove from Pelling to Gangtok
- Day 3-Guru Dongmar ;Night 3 at Laiching
- Day 4 - Zero Point Night 4 Lachung
- Day 5 Gangtok Night @ Little Italy
- Day 6 Nathula Pass -evening at a Pub called Live and Loud
- Day 7 -Gangtok Sightseeing Night @ Khagen's Hotel
- Day 8 - Travel to Richenpong.
- Day 9 - Travel to Darjelling. Visited Wildlife zoo and HMI.
- Day 10 - Visited Lava. Stayed in Jungle Lodge
- Day 11 - Went to Rishabh. Stayed there
- Day 12 - Kalimpong Market. Night caught a train to Cal from NJP
- Day 13 - Caught flight back to Bombay
This was the longest and most travel intensive of the 7 Annual Trips so far. Theres a feeling of accomplishment at the end since we have thoroughly explored Sikkim (I can even scratch Bhutan off my list, since Bhutan is supposedly Sikkim with better roads and a hundred more monastaries). The flip side however is that there is just too much travelling..and the roads are bad, because of frequent landlides. However, travel was a necessary evil. Id rate this as Trip No 6 when I rank them all primarily becuase of the heavy travel. (Trip #1 was Rishikesh in 2008, Trip #2 Was the first Goa Trip)
Id like to write more but I think photos will say a lot more than just words. The total cost of this trip for me worked out to Approximately 35K including tickets to and fro (5K) and all hotel, travel, food etc. Sachin and me did the first leg of the trip until Day 6 by ourselves and were joined by the rest of the gang after that.
To Be Continued...